Job descriptionLine Cook. Sign-On Bonus .
Why We're Here: We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different: Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick-started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - are fully welcome and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do You are hardworking with a real passion for crafting quality dishes according to restaurant specifications. You love maintaining and building sound working relationships with your teammates. You'll act as an ambassador for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests in a timely manner.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and presentation will be provided to you.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Maintain a clean workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in, and prep area.
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive Chef.
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook and by management.
What You Bring:
- 1 year of previous experience in a restaurant and/or culinary experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant is preferred.
- Time management and organizational ability are required for high-quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment usage.
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- You're able to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Cascadia Healthcare Caldwell, ID 83605 Today
KIPP New Jersey Newark, NJ Today
Point Bank Pilot Point, TX 76258 Today