We are the PEOPLE, who make the PRODUCTS, that BUILD YOUR WORLD
Sunrock prides itself on being a privately-held, family-owned construction materials supplier and contractor for almost 70 years. We are centrally located in the Raleigh/Durham Metro area and are fortunate to have a wealth of talent to support the growing market. Unlike many of our competitors, Sunrock is vertically integrated. We offer our customers a one-stop shopping experience by producing aggregates, recycled aggregates, asphalt, concrete and a full line of grading and paving contracting services. We strive to have superior relationships with our customers, employees, vendors and communities in which we operate.
The Lube Technician will provide day-to-day routine heavy equipment preventative maintenance. This position will spend the majority of their time in the field supporting the Contracting Division. Additionally, this position will spend a portion of their time in a shop environment when not in the field. The role will work under general supervision where routine duties are performed with minimal supervision. Standard practices or procedures allow employee to proceed alone at routine work. There will be occasional check of work while in progress, and work is reviewed upon completion. Typical work hours are from 3:00 pm – 1:00am Monday-Friday. Over time may be required in this position, including nights and weekends as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance communicated on operator inspection forms.
- Inspect and change fluids for contracting fleet vehicles.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts such as cutting edges on bucket teeth and other equipment.
- Conforms to company and manufacturer preventive maintenance and inspection guidelines.
- Maintain logs of equipment condition and work performed.
- Completes all required company, state, and federal paperwork. Maintains accurate system records of labor time, work completed, and parts and supplies used in Computerized Maintenance Management Information System software (CMMIS).
- Completes assigned tasks and technical training modules and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be mechanically inclined and have intermediate knowledge obtained through schooling and/or work experience.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics, etc.
- Ability to utilize maintenance and inventory software and perform data input and retrieval.
- Must be able to have intermediate knowledge of diagnostic procedures utilizing manufacturers software and hardware to gauge machine health and its relationship to a condition monitoring program.
- Must be able to have full understanding of preventative maintenance and inspection procedures including a basic knowledge of filtration, fluids, and analysis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- May perform the simple parts of the tasks without direct supervision and instruction.
- Must be able to have intermediate knowledge of the task (name parts, tools, operating concepts, and facts.)
- Must have intermediate knowledge of the subject by being able to identify basis facts and terms about the subject.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization in English.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current North Carolina Driver s License required.
- Must provide own tools (ie: air tools, wrenches, sockets and other tools as required)
Sunrock offers the following benefits:
Local, home everyday
Paid weekly-competitive pay
Paid orientation and OJT (on the job training)
2 weeks of PTO (paid time off), plus 8 paid holidays
Medical insurance: Company provided dental and life insurances & other voluntary supplemental insurances
401K with company matching
For questions, please call 1-855-OUR ROCK
Sunrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, citizen status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time