Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lifts products from pallets and loads them onto fixtures and/or conveyors.
- Operates robotic and/or manually loaded CNC station controls using push-buttons, switches, and a computer terminal*.
- Performs and records results of First Piece Check.
- Visually inspects parts for defects as required.
- Verifies part dimensions using plug and thread gauges.
- Determines offsets and adjusts on-screen values to compensate for product variations within tolerance.
- Determines Corrective Actions, reporting all problems to a supervisor.
- De-burs products.
- Applies identification numbers to product with a hammer stamp.
- Changes inserts and other tooling as needed using various hand tools.
- Accurately records production at end of shift.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CNC Operators are cross-trained to operate both manual and robotic machining stations.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Attention to detail and quality in a fast-paced industrial environment.
Ability to perform minor troubleshooting and determine causes and sources of error.
Basic computer skills.
Basic math skills (decimal system, min/max values).
Ability to follow written work instructions and control plans.
Ability to follow verbal directions from supervisor, management, and all policies and procedures implemented by ConMet.
Forklift license beneficial but not required.
SPC knowledge is beneficial but not required.
Environmental & Physical Demands
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Occupational noise exposure is high during performance of required duties. Adequate hearing protection is provided and required at all times.
- Occupational exposure to fumes and dust is regularly encountered. Personal Protective Equipment including safety glasses and steel-toed, industrial footwear is required at all times.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ConMet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Ensuring fair wages is an important Company value. Accordingly, the Company will not pay wages to any employee at a rate less than the Company pays to other employees for work that is substantially equivalent and requires comparable skills unless a bona fide factor justifies a pay differential. The Company prohibits pay disparity based on Protected Characteristics or prior salary history. The Company prohibits retaliation against employees for discussing compensation.
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Deburring Experience
- Packaging Experience
- Metal Casting Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
$18 - $20 / hr