Purpose of Job
Performs various maintenance/repair activities within the Health System facilities.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- 3 years previous maintenance experience required, preferably in plant maintenance or building mechanical/utility systems.
- Valid and current driver's license required.
- Knowledge of mechanical and utility systems in buildings required.
- Knowledge of hospital maintenance preferred.
- Basic electronical, plumbing, and refrigeration skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Distinguish colors
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc).
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means).
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
Essential Job Functions
Essential Functions I
- Performs maintenance activities to include the following repairs: touch-up, wall, doors and hardware, minor electrical and plumbing, pneumatic tube system, refrigeration and refrigeration monitoring systems, carpet, bed, and furniture, to ensure a safe and efficient hospital operation.
- Removes snow and treats icy conditions on parking lots, drives, sidewalks, steps, and other Health System areas by using 4 wheel drive trucks, tractors, bobcats, hand snow blowers, shovels, sanders, and other related tools to ensure a safe external environment.
- Removes trash and yard waste and delivers furniture and equipment to and from various Health System facilities by following departmental procedures to support various department requirements.
- Maintains parking lots, driveways, and sidewalks on Health System properties by sweeping, picking up debris, patching concrete, and sealing cracks to ensure a safe environment.
- Initiates and processes purchase orders and service requests by working with vendors and Purchasing to ensure departmental ability to provide essential maintenance services to various facilities within the Health System.
- Enters and retrieves data in system program (AIMS), including work orders, preventative maintenance activities, equipment failure, and incident reports, to ensure documentation is completed and department is compliant with Health System requirements.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of parts and maintenance supplies by using department inventory control methods to ensure timely, cost efficient maintenance and repairs to Health System facilities.
- Records daily work activities by entering work into system program (AIMS) to ensure an accurate maintenance reporting within established time frames.
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions II
Location: Nebraska Methodist Health System · Maintenance
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM Mon-Fri