Job descriptionManager, Loss Prevention
Job ID: 211994
Location Name: Maryland Distribution Center
Address: 4622 Mercedes Drive, Maryland, MD 21017, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Loss Prevention
Is This Position Eligible for Remote? : Yes
Essential Functions of Job:
The Inventory Control Manager is accountable for the efficient day-to-day operation of an assigned department within the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on managing numerous operational activities to ensure the production floor is working in a balanced and productive fashion with respect to operational and service goals. The Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision of other exempt and non-exempt staff within the assigned department including the oversight of safety and housekeeping/sanitation activities and programs.
- Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create, achieve short and long term strategic and tactical plans for the DC guided by broad principles, objectives, and standards
- Own and develops plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting performance objectives, while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Uses independent judgment to build and promote free flow of information and communication throughout the organization that will encourage change while maintaining operational success.
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple levels and uses them to decide appropriate approach to solve for issues.
- Ensures that direct reports have the support they need to effectively manage their departments through proper coaching and development
- Manages group of exempt supervisors, full time associates and temporary personnel to accomplish established goals.
- Contributes to policy and program development through consistent administration and execution of policies/guidelines that effect daily work activities.
- Establish, plan and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Develops preventative measures that analyze quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positivity impact productivity.
- Leverages Maintenance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, Finance, and other key support groups to integrate and align efforts across DC’s and its functions in retail and e-commerce environments.
- Effectively manage the allocation of equipment and labor resources to respective departments to ensure service levels and budgets are consistently met.
- Ensure that quality and accuracy control audits are conducted regularly.
- Prepare various management, productivity, and finance analysis reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow all company, safety, performance, state and OSHA rules, policies and regulations to ensure safe working practices,
- Maintain flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated shift and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the production floor to include Receiving, Outbound/Shipping, Dotcom and Inventory Control.
- Ability to delegate, develop exempt leaders and lead large teams up to 300 associates
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems and all aspects of warehouse, production and logistics and transportation-related activities.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to respond to fast paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks against competing priorities.
- Possess proven analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a professional and respectful manner that sets the example for others.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Possess public speaking skills.
- Successfully role mode teamwork and demonstrate a collaborative approach when working with staff, associates and management.
- Demonstrates Sephora values when interacting with others in the workplace.
- Operations Supervisor and non-exempt associates within assigned department.
- Moderate but varying temperature and humidity in office and warehouse environments.
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat, lift and/or walk for duration of scheduled shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- College degree in a logistics-related field, or five to ten years of relevant / related work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Sephora’s goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.