We’re not like most. We don’t just overcome obstacles – we don’t see them. Instead, we see the potential in every person, and every situation. We don’t wait for opportunity to appear – we create it. Meet ASM. A company that has been searching for people just like you.
Who is ASM?
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Our ambitious team is dedicated to delivering innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We have over 2,600 employees based in 14 countries, including Belgium, Japan, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Together we work to develop Epitaxy, ALD, PEALD, Vertical Furnaces and PECVD thin-film deposition technologies for our customers. Our goal is to remain an industry leader by being ahead of what’s next. We accomplish this by focusing on finding collaborative solutions to make integrated circuits, or chips, smaller, faster and even more powerful.
ASM, an inclusive workplace
We at ASM are a truly global organization that works diligently with an open-mind in all areas of our business. We strive for a culture and work style that fosters trust and transparency. We put our people first, and that is how we will continue to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We recognize and value the differences between individuals, including gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, knowledge and experience, work background, age, skills, amongst others. Recruiting and developing a diverse workforce provides a wide range of perspectives. This enables a culture of continuously exploring and adopting new technological ideas and innovations, and it also enables us to deliver excellent products and service to our clients.
We are hiring an Environmental, Health & Safety leader for our Phoenix, Arizona Engineering and Research & Development site. This role will be highly visible and drive the EHS strategies of this principle site. You will work with key leaders across Engineering, Facilities, and Process Development toward our vision of Zero Harm.
This role will work in coordination with the global Environmental, Health & Safety team, Supply Chain responsibility, Sustainability, Engineering, and other internal partners. To be successful in this leadership role, successful candidates must demonstrate exceptional ability to work across a number of disciplines, forming strong partnerships and values, and contribute to others’ success toward both ASM’s and their own success. This includes a strong technical knowledge, regulatory and standards knowledge, and strategic and critical thinking to all you touch.
Above all else, we are looking for someone passionate in making a difference, contributing to the greater good, and helping advance ASM’s vision of Zero Harm.
- Develop, maintain and manage ASM’s EHS program to support the organization
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy
- Applying strong problem solving and critical thinking, bringing a new perspective to existing problems and solutions
- Ability to impact and inspire a range of stakeholders, including customers, executives, peers, and site personnel
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable ASM EHS Policies to provide for a hazard-free workplace for ASM’s employees and guests
- Measure the site/region’s performance against company requirements in environmental, health, safety areas
- Analyze EHS metrics leading to the discovery of trends, and drive improvement plans to closure to minimize risk and improve performance
- Ensure environmental programs and systems are maintained and improved, including the management of environmental and hazardous material permits and plans
- Create and maintain practices, procedures, training and management controls to ensure work is planned and conducted in a safe manner in accordance with national and local regulatory requirements, Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Industry (SEMI) standards, ASM global EHS procedures, customer requirements and our Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Implement and maintain ASM Phoenix’s emergency response control plans and team to provide emergency response capability to protect ASM employees, visitors, equipment and facilities
- Implement and contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of the global safety training program
- Implement and maintain safety incident and health case reporting in accordance with regulatory and company requirements
- Provide subject matter support to the line organization for workplace health and safety issues/concerns
- Support ASM’s continuous improvement in EHS performance through facility and program auditing
- Work with other regional EHS managers to define and maintain globally aligned EHS procedures and work instructions
- Proactive in advising management on EHS matters
- Implement global and local training program and ensure its effectiveness
- Serve as site Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
- Implement and facilitate ASM Phoenix’s Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Program
- Ability to respond to emergencies during off hours as needed
- Lead a supporting direct report
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS in Health & Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related degree
- 10+ years in Environmental Health & Safety manufacturing and/or equipment design environment
- Familiar with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, local environmental and safety regulations or standards for a manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D) environment.
- Environmental & occupational health and safety experience in high-tech arena/semiconductor fabs
- Knowledge in the semiconductor equipment industry including fab infrastructure and facilities, ALD/CVD/EPI wafer processing equipment, emissions test methods, and ergonomics standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with customers and associates
- Experience with Industrial Hygiene methods and standards applicable to the semiconductor industry
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Strong ability to influence without authority
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong ability to critically think, self-guide, and educate
- Adapts well to fast paced environments with changing circumstances, direction and strategy
- Professional Certification preferred; Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we’ve been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating, and delivering on our vision – a shared vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we’ll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.
Be part of our exciting future and join our team today!