About Room to Read:
Room to Read is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality. Working and collaborating globally, we develop literacy skills among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with relevant life skills. Room to Read has reached children in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia, with plans to benefit more than 40 million children by 2025. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org.
We are adding to our team! Reporting to the content manager, we are seeking a highly energetic, creative, and experienced marketing and communications designer. The designer is an important stakeholder in the development of creative content, a passionate visual storyteller, and adept at communicating brands across multiple channels. The ideal candidate is an experienced in-house designer who has overseen the design and production of complex print and digital assets, coordinated across teams, and managed freelancers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and produce print and digital projects, including social media assets, websites, invitations, brochures, etc.
- Manage the marketing team workspace in the Digital Asset Management (DAM)system, Air, ensuring assets are well-organized and easily searchable
- Assign and manage freelance designers, ensuring high-quality and timely execution
- Draft marketing copy, from headlines to product descriptions
- Maintain the integrity of the Room to Read brand across all produced assets
- Three years as an in-house marketing designer
- Successful overseeing print and digital design projects from concept to completion
- Design portfolio demonstrating excellence in typography, color, composition, and storytelling
- Able to negotiate pricing, and ensure quality execution and timely delivery of final assets from manufacturers (printers, etc.)
- Experience organizing creative assets on digital asset management platforms
- Ability to provide clear concise creative direction, with an eye for quality
- Strong multitasking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and responsive turnarounds
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Video and animation skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent education and experience
We especially welcome hearing from you if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Have passion about our mission and a desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization
- Are an innovative and creative thinker not afraid to try something new and inspire others
- Have a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Possess a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently and as part of a team
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The nonmonetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
Please apply on the Room to Read website @ Marketing-and-Communications-Designer and submit a cover letter, resume, and design portfolio, accessed with a link in your resume. Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we cannot personally respond to all applicants. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Location(s)Global Office - Main - San Francisco
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location