Return is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager who will develop and drive strategic brand marketing activities and campaigns, and help execute bringing new products to market. This is a part-time, remote position. This role may be located anywhere within the United States with the ability to work during general business hours.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Manager oversees the marketing and advertising initiatives of Return. This hands-on role works in partnership with the CEO to drive the development and manage the execution of the companys comprehensive marketing philosophy, business strategy, and direction. The ideal candidate has strong marketing depth and breadth with the ability to look at the business from the outside in by understanding the market, assessing how go-to-market resources can move the needle, and then creating and executing a plan of action. As a critical part of the go-to-market team, the Marketing Manager helps define the direction the business grows in.
Raise Impact. We care deeply about our people, our planet, and our soils. Return is a local leader in the organic and sustainable fertilizer industry providing customers with alternatives to synthetics, enabling them to regenerate their soils, creating healthier food and healthier people. If you can get behind that, let's chat.
Return is a certified Great Place to Work! We hope you'll consider joining our team!
- Designs and delivers scalable marketing programs and campaigns that provide value-added content that is suited to clients and prospects needs and interests.
- Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Collaborates across teams to develop key messages for campaigns, programs, and content syndication including thought leadership, market reports, surveys, and client success stories.
- Collaborates with different stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of strategic marketing plans including defining success criteria, measuring the effectiveness of initiatives, and reporting on results.
- Conducts market research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the sale and profitability of products.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Analyzes and evaluates financial aspects of product development and collaborates in the development of new products.
- Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Ensures that plans and messaging are aligned with business strategy, reinforce brand positioning, and are delivered effectively to targeted audiences.
- Supports integrated marketing and communications across a variety of channels and vehicles internal, external, PR, digital, social, web, etc.
- Acts as a brand champion both internally and externally and ensures full compliance with the brand guidelines and messaging across all solutions
- Ensures that marketing and communications efforts adhere to agreed timelines and managing expectations with various stakeholders
- Tech savvy
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Financial management
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities but will develop and lead a remote Marketing team over time as the company grows.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of various aspects of marketing, including brand marketing, PR, content management, digital marketing and performance marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell products and services.
- Ability to create, implement and monitor marketing budgets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to uphold our company values.
- Elevates team members through collaboration and encouragement.
- Fosters growth and improvement throughout the organization.
- Discovers new ways to perform old tasks and and improve procedures.
- Takes personal responsibility and possesses a curious mindset.
- Takes initiative to proactively communicate.
- Willingness to uphold our ongoing efforts to leave the planet better than we found it.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least three years of related marketing experience; five or more years preferred.
- Experience building a brand for an organization in its early stage.
- Experience working with a small team and limited resources.
- Experience in the lawn and garden, horticulture, soil media, compost and/or fertilizer industries a plus.
This is a remote position.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position of approximately 20-30 hours per week during general business hours.
Some travel may be required for trade shows, industry events, and staff meetings.
Return provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR