Job descriptionJob Accountabilities
CarnaudMetalbox Engineering (CMB Engineering) designs, develops and manufactures high-performance metal forming and finishing machinery for the production of beverage, food and aerosol cans. Furthermore, with our commitment to innovation and precision engineering, we continually strive to break the mould. With CMB Engineering, can manufacturers are able to keep up with consumer demands; as well as capitalise on market opportunities, whilst ensuring production efficiency.
CMB Engineering is world renowned for our innovative can making machinery. Founded in the 1930s, in the cradle of the European Industrial Revolution; the company has been developing and designing leading technologies, in Shipley, for almost a century. During this time, a merger formed between Carnaud, a French manufacturer; and a further acquisition by Crown Holdings Incorporated, one of the world’s leading producers of metal packaging; have defined the innovative and customer driven company that you see before you today.
This role will perform the installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance of CMB equipment on customer premises.
- The installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance of CMB equipment on customer premises.
- Update technical bulletins, keeping customers informed of all the latest developments
- Preparation of visit reports detailing activity when spending time on customer sites
- Identify opportunities for the sale of machine upgrades & enhancements.
- A sound knowledge of CMB products, or those of our competitors. Likely to be apprentice trained engineer.
- Will have worked as a mechanical fitter, production engineer, printing engineer or similar in either a capital equipment manufacturer or a can plant.
- Ideally has worked remotely on customer sites for extended periods.
- Off set lithographic printing experience would be advantageous
The selected candidate will also possess the following:
- Ability to work independently, without supervision
- Customer focus
- Good attention to detail