Job descriptionOverview: Pioneering healthcare since 1896, Salem Health is a top workplace offering market-leading pay where you can make a difference in the lives of those in the community where you live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles, staff are able effect change in the organization to solve problems, and drive continuous improvement.
As an employer of choice, we are devoted to assuring that we provide a safe, healthy, and patient-centric workplace, while keeping staff wellbeing and satisfaction top of mind.
We invite you to learn more about our wonderful community: There’s something about Salem, Oregon! Description/Qualifications: This position offers excellent hiring incentives (start bonus and/or relocation assistance) to qualified candidates!
Your Role With Us: Salem Health’s Mental Health Evaluators provide behavioral and mental health crisis evaluations, crisis counseling, disposition planning, and services as a consultant to the Emergency Department. The coordinate utilization of patient and community resources to achieve patient goals. Our Mental Health Evaluators provide supportive counseling to patients and their families in consultation with the treatment team.
C ore Functions:
- Conducts a Comprehensive Mental Health Assessment including:
- Mental status exam, precipitating events, history of mental and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contact to evaluate patients with potential mental health problems.
- Documents a multiaxial DSM diagnosis when appropriate.
- Assesses dangerous behavior, suicidal or homicidal risk.
- Consults and develops a crisis plan with ED physician/community mental health agency (PCC) regarding necessity of involuntary commitment, psychiatric hospitalization or alternative community treatment plan.
- Completes involuntary psychiatric hospitalization documentation and coordinates involuntary placement, involving community mental health agency as appropriate.
- Responds to triage identified patients presenting with mental health component in a timely manner to initiate Mental Health Assessment.
- Provides crisis counseling, advocacy, and emotional support/brief therapy to patient/family.
- Assessment and intervention with victims of violence. Reporting and coordination of mandated abuse/neglect as required by Oregon law.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, education, social work or marriage and family therapy.
- 6 months to one year of adult assessment experience is preferred. Crisis assessment experience is strongly preferred.
- An active Oregon license in Behavioral Health is preferred.
- Registered intern with behavioral health board is also preferred.
- Consideration to those with QMHP equivalency with experience will be made.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected]