Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
VMD has been entrusted to support the USPACOM LOGCOP Program to provide application development for a key application supporting our nations warfighters. LOGCOP provides situational awareness to decision makers and planners within Navy, Air Force, and other branches of the military.
Your Impact to the Mission:
Are you an enterprising software developer with experience in Java-based applications with a real passion for code? In this Mid-Level Java Developer role, you will create and deploy new software modules and interfaces, configure, and maintain software components in an Agile software development environment. You will do this by interacting with and collaborating across a diverse project team of technical and non-technical personnel.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Java/J2EE Developer experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience, and in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Java Application Servers or Open Source Application Servers
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and testing existing software components
- Conducting user acceptance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people and effectively communicate current activities
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and extremely organized self-starter
- Ability to establish priorities and execute to achieve results
- Ability to work independently and to respond quickly to change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years with SQL, Apache Struts, Subversion experience
- 3 or more years with Apache Tomcat experience
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and/or DB2 Experience with Google Mapping Services, Google Maps and Google Earth
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008
- Experience with IIS, Jboss, and WebLogic Experience with Eclipse development tools or other IDE
- Experience with collaborating and working on diverse project teams from geographically separated locations
- Experience with logistics automation tools, GCSS-J and NRRE-BI
- Experience with USAF or other DoD IT projects
- Experience with Tera Data Storage Experience with Model View Controller framework JavaServer Faces
- Experience with design and developing 3-tier web applications
- Experience with development tools ANT & Maven Skills
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Required Certification(s): None
Desired Certification(s): MCTS, Security+, or Network+
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 3
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 3
Minimum Clearance to Start: Interim Secret Clearance
Work Status Allowable: * US Citizenship*
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel: Some (less than 25%)
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, *_Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors_ and the _Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Order Guidance*, all VMD prospective employees may be either required to be fully vaccinated or receive an approved medical or religious accommodation for continued employment. VMD continues to adhere to all federal agency COVID worksite protocols.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace._
Job Type: Full-time