The Driver transports live goods from a distribution center to a Home Depot store. They serve as some of the hardest workers around during our seasonal months. They interact with Bell employees in both our facilities and stores as well as our Home Depot partners. This role is responsible for safely delivering some of the highest quality plants industry wide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Picks up assignment at distribution center and paperwork.
- Help to load truck
- Drive to the Home Depot store by the most time efficient route.
- Unload the live goods at the Home Depot store per company standards.
- Transfer merchandise from one Home Depot store to another or from a Home Depot store to a distribution center.
Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to appropriately handle live goods.
- Ability to prioritize activities and use available resources to complete required tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with store personnel and law enforcement.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Must be comfortable using personal Smartphone technology
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to drive a straight truck/tractor trailer
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a driving test.
- Must be able to pass an occupational chemical screen upon hire and every six months thereafter.
- Sufficient English fluency to communicate with store personnel and law enforcement officials.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business needs dictate. Ability to work at least one weekend day a must.
- Ability to work extra hours as business needs dictate.
- Ability to sit for significant periods of time.
- Ability to read, count and write accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to move merchandise generally weighing anywhere from 0-60 lbs.
- Candidate must be able to bend, pull and lift up to 60 lbs. consistently throughout the course of a work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, twist, lift, push, pull and move items.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to drive a truck with a standard transmission.
- Ability to read a map.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.