White Horse Village (WHV), a retirement community located in Newtown Square, PA is seeking to add a Network Specialist to our team! WHV offers housing and healthcare services for seniors, living out its mission to intentionally create opportunities for extraordinary living in a vibrant, diverse community through personal growth, connectedness and relationships seeks team members committed to quality service who are looking to make a difference in our residents' lives. WHV offers its full-time team members a very competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental & vision insurance, short term disability insurance, 403B with company match after one year of service, and generous paid time off and much more.
The primary purpose of the Network Specialist is to support the WHV team members and residents in their use of technology; work with team members to develop solutions that will make their contributions to WHV more effective and efficient; implement new technology, as needed and support existing technology, as needed.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Leading complex, large scale network implementation projects including LAN, WAN and Data Center architectures
- Take the lead on technical escalations and drive incidents/problems until resolution utilizing advice and assistance from manufacturers and other team members as required.
- Keep client stakeholders and project managers apprised of project status throughout the project life cycle with detailed and thorough communication.
- Develop level of effort documents and assist in the scoping of technical projects.
- Constantly evolve technical skill sets with certifications, training, and conferences during free time based on business requirements.
- Support and mentor less experienced team members through training sessions and on-the-job mentoring
- Coordinates personal computer hardware and software troubleshooting, installation, repair, problem diagnosis, and implementation.
- Assists in the processes by which requests, and inquiries related to personal computing, local area network, wide area networks, host systems communications are received, screened, prioritized, and resolved.
- Installs, tests, and maintains a variety of personal computing and network hardware and software systems; performs diagnostic tests, modifies, or repairs hardware; gathers and records appropriate data related to these functions.
- Maintains a high level of personal computer knowledge and assists in the recommendation processes for personal computing hardware, software systems, and host system data communications requirements.
- Working knowledge of AD, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, Citrix, and Azure Cloud configurations.
- Maintains professional communications rooms and wiring closets.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules monthly Microsoft updates and security patches installations.
- Assists Sr. Network Engineer in the management and direction for the wireless network local including setting priorities, coordinating, and replacing network equipment and access points, and the reporting of vendor activities daily using established processes and helpdesk ticketing system.
- Focus support activities on maximizing systems availability to help facilitate business results.
- Plan and coordinate with the IT team, equipment moves, new facilities setup and support, and business critical projects. This will also include coordination with local / national vendors and telecommunications suppliers.
- Knowledge of and willingness to be engaged in Voice over IP phone systems.
- Proactively plans and anticipates IT needs / issue resolution to ensure systems availability.
- Ensure prompt vendor response to critical WHV issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Follow up with end users on critical service events to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide monthly weekly reports to Sr. Director of IT.
- Maintain IT standards as mandated by current corporate policies, procedures, and compliance standards.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all computer equipment.
- Support third party and manufacturer technology requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Participate in an after-hours on call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Up to 1 year of technical work experience
- Desire to learn
- A basic understanding of systems
- A basic understanding of data constructs
- Experience with SQL, report writing
- The ability to take ownership of an issue and work toward a solution
- Ability to listen, ask questions, understand issues and communicate your perspective on an issue
- Ability to facilitate meetings and gather information from stakeholders
- Ability to document processes and stakeholder input
- Ability to manage relationships with vendors
- Ability to organize many pieces of information and form a logical course of action to resolve an issue
Job Type: Full-time