Do you love babies? Have an interest in health care? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have a unique opportunity for you.
We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our dynamic and exciting team. In this position you will work on-site at one or more hospital locations to screen newborns for medical disorders that may occur in or after the newborn phase.
As a newborn hearing screener, you will provide hearing screens in the hospital to babies who may be just a few days old. You need great communication skills as well as the interest and ability to learn; we will provide you with the rest of the training you need to succeed.
On a typical day, you will conduct newborn hearing screens, usually in a new mom’s hospital room, and help educate parents about the importance of the screen using video and printed tools we provide. You will also be in charge of entering patient data and validation of hearing screens, as needed. Additional responsibilities may include helping to confirm or reschedule outpatient appointments, following up on any equipment issues and training new staff.
- Performing newborn hearing screens
- Verifying insurance information with parent/guardian
- Documenting hearing screen results accurately
- Following protocol for timely submission of billing
- Following protocol related to security and identification of infants
- Following infection control, safety awareness and other hospital, company, and program policies
- Recognizing potential problems and obtaining assistance, when necessary, in a timely manner
- Completion of company and hospital orientation or classes, including patient privacy training
- Completion and maintenance of employee health requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with infants preferred
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency and ability to perform accurate data entry
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work on weekends and national holidays required
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk frequently (95% of shift)
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds frequently
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.