Job descriptionNICU Assignment - Jacksonville, FL
- Day Shift
- 13 Week Assignment
- Local and Travel welcome to apply!
Maxim Healthcare Staffing is seeking a NICU Registered Nurse, as to assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The Nurse demonstrates the ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner. The nurse will also demonstrate critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care in the NICU. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care. Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care of the neonatal patient.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
- Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with chosen facility
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare Staffing and client hospital policies
- Other duties as assignee
- Current Registered Nurse license for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year NICU experience preferred.
- Current BLS
- NRP card per contract.
- Successful completion of testing process.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
About Maxim Healthcare Group Maxim Healthcare Group has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maximâ€™s commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.