Nurse Technician (RN Student) - Contingent Status - 7:00 am to 7:30 pm with weekends
HAVENWYCK HOSPITAL (a UHS facility)
Havenwyck Hospital s a Joint Commission-accredited and licensed psychiatric hospital, overlooking Lake Galloway in Auburn Hills, Michigan. We specialize in providing comprehensive, compassionate behavioral health services to children, adolescents and adults. It is the ultimate goal of our dedicated staff to build strength, confidence and knowledge within each patient, in hopes that they may continue learning and understanding their needs and practicing self-care for the rest of their lives.
For more information, please visit us at www.havenwyckhospital.com
POSITION SUMMARY:The Nurse Technician works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide nursing care to patients. The Nurse Technician is currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing and has evidence of successful completion of both a mental health clinical rotation and an adult medical/surgical clinic rotation.
Duties will include:
- Following instructions given by all nursing personnel and outlined in policies and procedures.
- Identifying medical problems and reporting the changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Developing a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients; assisting/educatings patients in developing coping mechanisms while setting limits in a therapeutic/consistent manner that are age-specific and within program guidelines.
- Utilizing appropriate interventions on a consistent basis; demonstrating an understanding and following up with level system (C/A unit only).
- Communicating patient’s progress toward goals to the physician and interdisciplinary team in order to assist the team in planning the patient’s care.
- Observing changes in patient behavior in order to intervene appropriately and communicates changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Performing safety checks as ordered by the physician.
- Assisting with admissions, discharges and transfers of patients based on the direction of the Registered Nurse and completing the appropriate documentation as needed.
- Assisting in applying protective devices under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Utilizing the master treatment plan to provide specific interventions with the patient.
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living, encouraging independent behavior with appropriate interventions on a daily basis.
- Identifiing verbal and non-verbal cues for potential aggressive behavior and uses de-escalation techniques.
- Assisting patients during mealtimes, observing intake/output when applicable, reporting to the Registered Nurse and following program guidelines regarding nutritional habits.
If you would like to learn more about this position before applying, please contact Havenwyck Hospital at 248-373-9200.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Learning Opportunity
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working at Havenwyck Hospital is being part of a team that's providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families, at their most vulnerable times Supportive and responsive leadership. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer co-workers that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for skills diversification and career advancement with UHS.
Universal Health Services (UHS):
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing and has evidence of successful completion of both a mental health clinical rotation and an adult medical/surgical clinic rotation required. Bachelors of nursing curriculum preferred.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and submit grades at the end of each semester required.
- Must graduate from the nursing program within 1 year of hire.
- Must complete the NCLEX exam within 90 days after graduating from the program & pass the exam within 6 months.
- Current certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention preferred.
- Current certification in BLS/CPR preferred.
- Employees must be in good standing (employment/corrective action history, evaluation, etc.) to be considered for internal transfers.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all its subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. Additionally, recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting our Compliance Hotline at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852- 3449.