Job descriptionJob Title: Nursing Assistant - Advanced Acute Care Medical Unit - $1500 Hiring Incentive!
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Nursing Division
Date Posted: 08/16/2021
Job ID: R-17873
Job SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of direct patient care tasks. The performance of tasks allows the care team to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the registered nurse in meeting the multidisciplinary plan of care established for each patient.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance with policy, procedure, and physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned, following accepted practices, policies, procedures, and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for ongoing continuum of care.
- Assists with transporting blood and blood products to and from Blood Bank as needed.
- Assists in problem solving and troubleshooting in the care and maintenance of equipment and assists in ensuring adequate supplies are available on the unit.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following established policy and procedures.
- Completes clerical responsibilities for task completion based on ability and training.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Schedule: 12 hour rotating shifts including weekend and holiday rotation.
We’re proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support staff
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Jennifer Craven at [email protected]