Operations Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process. Should have a 2 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area. Physical activities include: standing, speaking, hearing, reading, writing, able to carry 30-75 lbs., walking, lifting, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, bending and able to climb ladders. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Associate benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401K.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Ensures that all brand standards are being maintained in each area of the property.
- Ensures all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
- Oversees the operation of the all property departments.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Performs required annual Quality audit with GM.
- Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Sets clear performance expectations with the General Manager.
- Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
- Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Assists employees in understanding the guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
- Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Ensures property hiring practices comply with I-9, and EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work place.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.