This is a Full Time position
Benefits – Competitive package including medical, dental, vision, 85% King’s school discount for dependent child(ren) (K-12) and 4-weeks of paid parental leave.
CRISTA exists to make known the love of Jesus Christ through demonstrated works of service and ministry. We use every method available so that the people of the world may hear the Gospel, accept Christ as their Savior, and grow in their faith. We are a united yet diverse family of Biblical Ministries inspired by a shared vision to serve and impact the young through the elderly, all cultures and backgrounds, in our own backyard and around the world through excellence in our service and operations. By leading a healthy and sustainable organization, CRISTA empowers its ministries to serve the needs of the world and share the Gospel, making disciples. Our commitment is to glorify, honor and obey the Lord in all we do through a workforce of staff and volunteers who are called, committed, and faithful Christians.
CRISTA is five distinct ministries, each with their own vision and mission. And yet, they are all part of the CRISTA family. Each ministry has answered the call to serve in their unique way, striving together toward one goal—to draw people into a transforming relationship with Christ. From World Concern’s relief and development efforts around the globe; from CRISTA Media’s stations that broadcast uplifting messages and music through your radio dials to the fireside songs that bring joy to campers year-round at CRISTA Camps; from the young minds equipped with knowledge at King’s Schools to the seniors receiving exceptional care at CRISTA Senior Living. Whether traversing the globe or right in our backyard, the CRISTA family of ministries is empowered to meet the needs of those we serve.
The Paraeducator is responsible for assisting the DECA Advisor with the hot lunch program & all DECA activities on and off campus, the Mock Trial Coach with all Mock Trial Activities on and off campus, and Administrator with substitute teacher coordination. This position will work under the direct supervision of the DECA Advisor and Administrator.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
Hot Lunch Program and Student Store
- Organize procedures for teachers and students participating in the hot lunch program.
- Verify count with each teacher as students pass through the hot lunch line.
- Process lunch orders for billing.
- Supervise student store in cooperation with other staff.
DECA and Mock Trial Support
- Mentor, supervise and support students by attending DECA/Mock Trial competitions/leadership trips during regular season, district, state and national events.
- Mentor students preparing for competitions in DECA/Mock Trial to ensure knowledge in the areas of marketing, business management, business administration, finance, hospitality, tourism or civil procedure.
- Assist in supervising students at all King’s sponsored events to ensure proper student behavior in accordance with King’s policies.
- Provide information regarding the DECA and Mock Trial programs at all attended activities. and/or
- Recognize participants accomplishments at attended activities.
- Ensure the efficient and effective functioning of both DECA and Mock Trial by providing the following additional duties: financial statements, purchasing, reconciling receipts, ordering supplies, booking travel arrangements for off campus events, organizing and ensuring the timely completion of all necessary forms and documents for participation in events.
- Respond to questions or concerns of students, parents or other school staff to provide information, assistance and direction as needed.
Planning and Fundraising
- Perform various front office duties, including deposits and inventory planning.
- Assist in organizing and supervising a core group of students who meet regularly and plan ideas and projects for the upcoming year.
- Support students in any project, outing or club activity to ensure students have everything they need and the club will function successfully.
- Develop a plan of action for fundraising and budgeting that will maintain and balance activity accounts in coordination with the Assistance Principal.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
Substitute teaching Coordination
- Assign substitute teachers to classrooms as needed
- Track substitute teaching hours
- Help substitute teach in classrooms as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and aligns with its mission, vision, Statement of Faith and Christian Community Representative Commitment (CCC).
- Belief that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior
- Ongoing affirmation, alignment with and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith and Christian Community Representative Statement (CCC).
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
Microsoft Office Suite
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINTATION
CRISTA is a Christian, religious organization that lives out its faith-based mission through five ministries: CRISTA Camps, CRISTA Media, CRISTA Senior Living, King’s Schools, and World Concern. As permitted by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRISTA reserves the right to prefer employees of a particular religion and to require its employees to hold certain religious beliefs, engage in certain religious observances, and engage in or refrain from engaging in certain behavior, based on CRISTA’s religious beliefs. CRISTA’s employees must agree with and support without reservation CRISTA’s Statement of Faith and must conduct themselves in accordance with the religious beliefs and practices that flow from that Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy.
Among those employees and employment applicants who agree with and support without reservation and abide by the Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy, CRISTA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Based on its religious beliefs, CRISTA values and respects the dignity of all persons and appreciates the diversity of God’s creation