The scheduling and registration representative is generally the first point of contact for the patient. This position will report to the Clinical Coordinator and Department Director and will be responsible for performing accurate and timely patient pre-registrations and scheduling functions for all locations of outpatient rehabilitation services as well as teaming with additional individuals in outpatient rehabilitation to ensure patient charts are prepared, thorough, with quality customer service, and a positive patient experience.
- Register patients in applicable areas
- Maintain working knowledge of Insurances, insurance cards, and other healthcare benefit related mechanisms
- Run Patient Payment Estimation software to provide to applicable patients
- Obtain and enter appropriate initial authorization information into the Meditech and Raintree systems
- Schedule patients in OP Rehabilitation at the appropriate location
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently scheduling new patient evaluations
- Utilize education and expertise and knowledge of clinical aspects of the scheduling area to troubleshoot scheduling problems
- Communicate with team members including physicians, therapists, medical receptionists, PSAs, or the referral coordinator to ensure accurate scheduling and patient registration
- Promote customer service with all customers including physicians, other staff members, patients, and family members to achieve positive outcomes
- Exhibit exemplary core customer service skills and values and completes other duties as assigned
- Complete required orientation as directed by facility
- Follow facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
- Follow facility and Joint Commission guidelines and recommendations
- Respect cultural and religious practices of patients
- Uphold HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
EDUCATION: High School Degree Required. College or specialized training preferred.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting, minimum of 3 years required
- Previous experience with Insurance Payer regulations preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Prior experience with interpreting and following detailed policies and workflows
- Prior experience with electronic medical records in a healthcare environment
- Prior experience obtaining authorizations and scheduling appointments, rehabilitation preferred.
- Prior experience with Meditech, Raintree software program, and Microsoft Office preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: None required
- Medical Terminology knowledge, required.
- Customer service experience
- Time Management skills/ability to multi-task preferred
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with customer base including but not limited to physicians,
- Demonstrates the ability to independently think and make judgments in interpreting and adapting guidelines and making judgment decisions on specific problems
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISION: None
FUNCTIONAL SUPERVISION: None
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.