Advanced Paving Services is looking for a crew member essential to the application of asphalt pavements on highways, private roadways, parking lots and driveways. This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of a paving machine to compact various types of asphalt materials.
Job Description - Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely and skillfully operates an asphalt paver following all standard equipment procedures.
- Responsible for consistency and uniformity of material compaction after being placed by hand or with a paver.
- Maintains equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventive maintenance and repair tasks such as adjusting, fluid checks, replacing minor parts and lubricating equipment.
- Responsible for daily checks of water systems and scrapers on the drums.
- Must maintain an acute sense of awareness to the surrounding footprint of the machine (watch for obstructions while operating the equipment, such as ground utilities, curb and gutters).
- Maintain constant visual contact with Screed operators, dump man and trucks in front of the paver.
- Must perform general laborer duties as assigned.
- Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience operating a paving machine.
- This job requires the individual to have a good hand to eye coordination and comply with all industry regulations.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew can operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude, cooperation; must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, DE 19804: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Paving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location