Are you looking to apply your payroll experience in a leadership role? We are searching for a dedicated, diligent, and creative Payroll supervisor to join a great organization in Kansas City! We offer an exciting work environment with a phenomenal team to supervise! We are hiring for a Payroll Supervisor whose responsibility will be the oversight of payroll and its processes. This position will be compensated generously with a fantastic benefits package. Apply today for the opportunity to grow your career with us!
Position Essential Functions:
- Participation in weekly employee payroll processing and reporting (all payroll processing functions mentioned are potential, future elements of this position)
- Ensure that governmental payroll reporting requirements are met (including Federal & State monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns).
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring chances to create valuable contributions to job accomplishments.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, efficiency, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Develop standard methodologies to improve efficiency of payroll processes.
- Provide assistance to payroll staffs and conduct performance evaluations.
- Coordinate with HR and finance teams to carry out payroll processing.
- Assist in audit operations and implement audit recommendations.
In order to be successful in this role, one must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent) as well as previous accounting experience and a proven understanding of GAAP. At least one year in an accounting supervisor/manager role is required. This includes direct responsibility for all staff employment decisions, performance evaluations and performance improvement meetings.
- Demonstrated, progressive levels of responsibilities within an organization.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of in-house payroll processing experience for at least 500 hourly employees.
- Experience with union and certified payrolls is preferred. Experience related to construction industry preferred.
- Time management and prioritizing skills.
- Works without direct supervision with different personalities and under pressure.
- Exhibit creativity, patience, adaptability, and possess excellent teamwork skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.