SUMMARY: To examine, diagnose and provide treatment, counseling and education to patients in a comprehensive manner.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- Graduate of an approved dental school.
- Florida Licensed Dental Practitioner
- A minimum of three (3) years dental experience.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Basic understanding of dental/medical terminology and documentation.
- Ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Able to preform repetitive tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Complete comprehensive full mouth exams.
- Examine patient's teeth.
- Diagnosing patients' dental conditions
- Use of various instruments, such as x-rays.
- Follow all guidelines and protocols of the Dental Clinic (OSHA, charting, radiographs, etc.)
- Educating patients on oral healthcare.
- Explain patients needs
- Establish a treatment plan
- Educate patient on plan and after care
- Assess treatment planning options and discuss with patient.
- Carrying out agreed clinical treatments.
- Restoring teeth affected by decay.
- Treating gum disease.
- Maintaining patients' dental records.
- Documentation in patients Electronic health record (EHR)
- Reviewing medical history.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in dentistry through structured continuing professional developments
- Ensure patient confidentiality and EMR security at all times.
- Maintain patient information within HIPAA
- Keep other care team members informed when situations occur that disrupts timely patient flow through site.
- Consistently participates in and actively adheres to patient care expectations to attain clinical goals set forth in the PCHG Health Care Plans and the Quality Improvement / Quality Assurance (QI/QA)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Maintains a professional relationship and positive attitude with co-workers, the public, patients and the entire organization.
- Maintains the highest professional and work ethics.
- Displays enthusiasm toward the work, mission and vision of the organization.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and interpersonal skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. regularly and 30 lbs.-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Direct exposure to computer screen.
- May be exposed to contagious/infectious diseases.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Doctorate (Required)
Work Location: One location