Applicants who apply and complete New Staff Orientation, will receive a $100 hiring incentive.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak region is seeking an enthusiastic Personal Trainer to motivate, inspire, and expertly guide our clients to achieve their fitness goals. Your main responsibilities include consulting with clients to develop training plans for them, instructing them on proper technique, motivating them to push themselves harder, and providing them with constant support and constructive feedback.
To be a successful Personal Trainer, you should have advanced knowledge of a variety of exercise techniques and how each one works to improve the body. Top candidates will also have an empathetic attitude, able to understand each client's individual goals, emotions, and needs.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Personal Trainer will safely design and implement appropriate individual fitness programs for clients. To educate, stimulate, motivate, and promote adherence to a healthy lifestyle. Personal trainers are responsible for educating clients and enforcing policies regarding safe and proper use of equipment. Individuals holding this position must be able to develop, document, and implement one-on-one, partner, or group workout programs that match the needs and goals of clients. This person must be able to instruct clients on basic exercise physiology and inform them of proper lifting and exercise techniques. This person will have knowledge of all fitness floor policies and be able to communicate to a diverse group of patrons why the policies are in place.
We are hiring for our Downtown location.
Discussed during interview.
PERSONAL TRAINER REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified in one or more of the following: ACE – CPT, NETA – CPT, AFAA CPT, Cooper Institute – CPT, IFPA – CPT, NASM or equivalency
- Averaging 5-9 paid personal training sessions a week (1 hr., ½ hr., small group training)
- Successful completion of online or in class required certifications
- Minimum of 1 year in health and fitness field
- Sales Experience preferred
- Available to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
PERSONAL TRAINER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer Jump Start consultations to YMCA Members
- Within 90 Days Of Hire, consistently instructs 5 - 9 paid client sessions per week minimum, generated through one on one, 30 minute, and or small group training
- Conduct one on one, 30 minute, small group, and/or group training workouts
- Help drive the usage of our technology based platforms
- Interpret assessment results to clients and based on evaluation and client's goals,
- Design and implement Fitness Programs
- Effectively communicate prices of Personal Training options that align with members goals
- Support and follow YMCA policies and decisions and answer member questions about the YMCA and its programs.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
PART-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Free Family Membership
- Program discounts:
- 50% off – Personal Training, Private Swim Lessons, Resident Camp
- 100% off – Before & After School Care; Day Camp; Swim Lessons; Sports, Enrichment and Ignite/Small Group training
- Generous retirement benefits - 12% after eligibility is met
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sick Time
Child Abuse Prevention:
Support the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
The YMCA has zero tolerance for abuse. We will report all suspected and/or allegations of abuse to the state and federal law.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is a Drug and Alcohol Free work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.