The Plant Director is responsible for all manufacturing operations of the plant. This role has full responsibility for establishing aggressive cost objectives, capacity planning, attainment of production schedule, productivity, quality and efficiency improvements, and the development and management of annual budget and financial performance. This role is responsible for all the capital investments.
This role coordinates all plant activities with special emphasis to ensure both regulatory and quality compliance and that policies and procedures are in place to meet corporate, business, country and customer policies, directive, standards and expectations. This role has the responsibility for setting high standards to all associates regarding their performance of their duties as it relates to ethical conduct and compliance to agree referential and procedures. This role represents the plant as appropriate at all regional and local authorities.
This role manages the site team at the Plant. Ensures compliance with quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read and write and converse in English.
- Site strategy: provide leadership and visionary concepts for development of strategies for the site that support business goals and objectives with a zero loss mindset.
- Safety: foster and maintain a culture that prioritizes associate safety and create and operate systems to drive continuous improvements in this area.
- People development: develop an environment that influences and encourages associate empowerment, development, involvement and commitment. Develop and implement resource development plan in support of the site development strategy.
- Manage plant leadership team: provide proper coaching and management to the plant leadership team. Ensure that clear individual development objectives are defined and met and that required individual support is provided. Manage required changes if necessary, to support the site ramp up plan.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and standard: manage compliance activities to ensure that the facility meets all regulatory agency requirements on the local, state and international levels. Coordinate compliance programs with PS and Corporate as deemed necessary to ensure proper direction and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Meet with all regulation regarding facility management: responsible for the maintenance of all buildings, facilities and equipment in accordance with established company policies and governmental/local agency regulations. Ensure respect of all national, regional or local policies, procedures and other permitting process as it relates to facility and construction management.
- EHS compliance: promote & maintain awareness and compliance of Environment Health and Safety rules and regulation in accordance with best practice and legal requirement. Direct the establishment of theyearly budgets and goals for all activities within each department. Communicate, monitor and control the budgets throughout the planned period, to ensure goals are met and variances are controlled. Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the plant activity per company policy.
- Ensure proper representation of the plant in all legal, tax and any regulatory affairs as it concerns plant. Ensure that the proper image of the plant is established and maintained locally. Develop and implement the required action plan and strategy to build and maintain the plant image within the community at local or regional level as well as part of the required professional or political organizations.
- Work closely with the WW Supply Chain organizations for establishing and meeting production capacity objectives for the plant. Ensure that capacity ramp up plan, product and/or technology project are performed on time.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the products manufactured at the Plant, ensure that products meet the customer/business specifications and requirement, ensure that audits are run in optimal manner and ensure that all CAPA are defined, captured and completed as promised. Promote and lead a culture of Quality within the plant. Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Bachelor Degree is required; Master Degree is preferred
- 10 years broad experience in Medical Device Manufacturing
- Operation Management or plant management experience with a smaller operation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbus, NE: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is the best email address to reach you at?
- Do you have Operation Management or plant management experience with a smaller operation? If so, how many years? Please explain
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Medical Device Manufacturing: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: One location