Job descriptionOverview: We are seeking a Prep Cook for our Long Term Care facility.
Schedule includes This is a part-time, 32 hour a pay period position with an every other weekend and alternate holiday rotation.
What Catholic Eldercare offers you:
- Competitive wages, credit for experience
- Generous benefits including paid holidays and PTO
- Locatied in NE Minneapolis, on bus line
- Scholarships for career advancement and to gain new skills
- Consistency - we have long term employees
- Community - we live and work our values and offer a friendly, collaborative work environment
- The Prep Cook is a key team member of our Dietary Team.
- Answers and reports directly to Executive Chef in addition to Director.
- Preps according to production sheets and provides general kitchen support. Works with cooks on staff in preparation of meals as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a manner that is consistent with quality standards, infection control practices and safety measures established by the nursing home, which includes using Standard Precautions.
For a copy of the full job description contact the HR department at [email protected] Qualifications:
- Three (3) years culinary experience, preferred commissary or institutional kitchen experience
- Possess a professional understanding of all federal, state and local food service regulations pursuant to Food Manager Sanitation Certification
- Possess and maintain Food Manager Sanitation Certification
- Exemplify creative, exciting food and production skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to maintain operations of Dining Services department.
All Catholic Eldercare employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 upon hire. Accommodation and exemption requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.