Bellefaire JCB is among the nation’s largest, most experienced child service agencies providing a variety of mental health, substance abuse, education, and prevention services. Bellefaire JCB helps more than 43,000 youth and their families yearly achieve resiliency, dignity and self-sufficiency through its more than 25 programs
We are currently hiring a PRN Adoption Homestudy Assessor to join our growing team. As the Adoption Homestudy Assessor, you will meet with families responding to recruitment campaign within the program time frames as well as support foster applicants and families throughout the adoption process.
- Be familiar with and use the specialized techniques of recruitment of homes for children.
- Assist in the orientation and training of prospective foster/adoptive parents as necessary.
- Assist in the orientation and training of prospective adoptive parents as well as conduct assessments and evaluation pertaining to the adoption homestudy.
- Responsible for the direct services provided to clients of the Foster Care and Adoption Division of Bellefaire JCB and understand and comply in practice of the Multi-Ethnic Placement Act (MEPA).
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Valid Ohio LSW or LPC required
- Certified Adoption Assessor required.
- Strong clinical skills including expertise in systemic family therapy, crisis intervention, family education, behavioral interventions, and substance abuse therapy.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Candidate must reside in Ohio
Benefits of working at Bellefaire JCB include:
- A friendly and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- A beautiful campus
- Career growth/numerous free CEU opportunities
- Staff recognition program
- A caring environment to work in!
Job Type: Part-time
- Child welfare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road