Job descriptionAbout Us: T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers. Overview: This person is a qualified individual and is responsible for the overall coordination of production activities and interfacing with other departments–all shifts. Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises processing and packaging supervisors on all shifts.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives pertaining to production department and controls and minimizes the shift’s overtime labor costs, maintenance/repair costs, and equipment downtime.
- Works with HR for hiring, training and scheduling of work force.
- Fills in for Supervisors to cover vacation/sick time all shifts.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring schedule attainment is met on production floor.
- Use modern management techniques to promote team building and to allow decision making at the lowest level.
- Ensures required production reporting is accurate, recorded and in a timely manner.
- Maintains close working relationship with all departments and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
- Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
- Owns plant OEE and helps improve on by projects and working with each shift to improve.
- Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Strive to be a safety solutions leader by maintaining the 200% for safety mindset. Participate engagement activities, complete required safety training and aid in identifying hazards within the facility utilizing BBS and Safety Monitor programs.
- Participates in activities related to Marzetti Operational Excellence
- Ensures a disciplined and safe work environment.
- Reviews budgets for production departments.
- Performs other duties / responsibilities as required by Management.
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related
- Working knowledge of scheduling, budgets and production
- Associates degree in business or equivalent experience/training in CIP systems and chemical usage..
- Time Management
- Building Relationships
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Integrity and Trust
- Written and Verbal Communications
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Legends Hospitality - Ameris Bank Amphitheatre Alpharetta, GA Alpharetta, GA 30009 Today