Job Number: 3910
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: AIM SYSTEMS
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and/or Team Leader, Performs repetitive assembly operations to produce automotive products within the allotted time and quality standards for each operation.
- Rotate through production areas, as requested, which includes:
o Inform team leader, production supervisor or production manager of assembly problems
- Report to work on time for pre-shift meeting
- Ensure a safe working environment by observing safe work practices and by following all safety policies and procedures
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as written or as communicated in the employee handbook
- Perform detailed assembly operations to mass-produce automotive products
- Perform fitting or fastening operations using tools assigned to each station following work instructions in accordance to TS16949 and ISO standards
- Review all quality alerts prior to beginning of shift
- Perform all duties as outlined in the MES
- Comply with all quality policies and procedures
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating product, process and quality
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality
- Report machine and equipment malfunctions to team leader, production supervisor or production manager
- Responsible for the safe handling and maintenance of all company equipment, facility and tools
- Daily routine maintenance of the plant to maintain a clean, safe and healthy workplace
- Perform any other reasonable assignments given by the team leader and/or management
- Understand and comply to employee responsibilities as they apply to the Magna Employee’s Charter
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o High School Diploma or GED is required.
o 2 years relevant work experience preferred
o Excellent organizational & time management skills
o Self motivated and able to perform assembly duties with minimal supervision
o Works well in a team environment
o Working knowledge of hand tools
o Ergonomics o Pedestrian Safety
o Employee Charter o 18001 Awareness
o Interpersonal Communication o Safety Signs
o Hazardous Communication o Current ISO/TS16949
o Personal Protective Equipment o Confined Space
o Bloodborne Pathogens o Emergency Evacuation
o Lockout/Tagout o Safety Signs
o Bailer Training o Bond Cell Training
o Fork Lift Training (drivers only)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o May be required to stand and/or walk in excess of 6-8 hours
o May be required to lift, push and/or pull 35 pounds
o Average mobility to move around an manufacturing environment