Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We are looking for a Program Associate for the Brand & Retail and Media & Advertising verticals. This person will take a key supporting role in the development and delivery of the program; coordination/dialogue with our startups; and general team support.
This role provides the unique opportunity to support the development of tech entrepreneurs and have a meaningful positive impact to the tech startup ecosystem of Silicon Valley through a high-profile Business Development Accelerator.
The Program Associate’s main scope of work will include:
- Support Curriculum Management: Supporting the Program Manager to put together the 12-week program for the cohort of the program. Supporting to create a timeline of modules, workshops and activities each week to support startups in their growth e.g. covering topics such as design-thinking & product development; team & talent development; business & finance strategy; business development, growth hacking and marketing etc
- Main Point of Contact: You will be the main support for the cohort startups on a day-to-day basis, while the Program Manager will be more focused on high-level management of the accelerator, our team and our partners. Several of the program modules, workshops and seminars will be led by you.
- Support External stakeholder engagement: The program will engage with local and regional ecosystem players such as investors, mentors, industry leaders, media/marketing groups and other vendors to ensure quality program content, events and brand development. You will work with the Program Manager to support in planning an appropriate outreach and alignment campaign to best leverage these external stakeholders in alignment with the program objectives and key sponsors expectations e.g. developing a program advisory board and bringing suitable speakers/mentors to support the program.
- General Team Support: This program will have the Plug and Play staff deployed overtime to support in all aspects of delivery of the program. You are expected to support the team, as they will with your duties, to ensure quality and timely delivery of team work in areas such as brand development; marketing support; startup application gathering, screening and selection; key event promotions & logistics; mentorship match-making; business and investment dealflows for the startups; budget management; startup and program success/performance tracking; staff recruitment and onboarding etc.
- Past experience in leading or supporting a tech startup accelerator or incubator
- Past experience in a tech startup or coaching startups in several areas of their development
- Past experience in event planning, client and/or project management
- Past experience in team support
- Marketing/Social Media experience
- Passion for tech startups and entrepreneurship
- Professional written and verbal communication skills