Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Salary: $28.85/hr - $31.25/hr DOE
PATH is eagerly seeking qualified social services professionals with experience in quality assurance, compliance or program development to join our Quality Assurance team as a Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist. This position will support our Programs operating in Orange County.
ABOUT OUR QAC DEPARTMENT
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts, collaborating with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS A QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST?
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Quality Assurance & Compliance (QAC) Specialist provides our programs in Orange County with support in implementation, auditing, risk management, reporting, performance and evaluation. Responsibilities of the QAC Specialist include:
- Program Implementation
- Supporting program directors with project management activities to ensure implementation tasks are completed
- Drafting and distributing contract summary sheets and other necessary documentation and ensuring existing documents are shared
- Training staff on new processes and systems
- Maintaining expert knowledge of all contracts to provide guidance to program staff
- Internal and External Auditing
- Facilitating and coordinating internal and external QA audits
- Collaborating with program leadership to develop audit response and corrective action plans
- Completing internal audits for PATH programs by conducting assessments, site visits and desk monitoring reviews to ensure services are being rendered and documented in accordance to all standards
- Compiling findings and communicating results and recommendations for improvements
- Risk Management
- Assisting in the assessment of PATH programs and sub-recipients to ensure risk of liability is mitigated
- Assisting in the identification of any contractual risks to PATH and working to mitigate liability
- Reporting and Performance Evaluation
- Collecting, monitoring, summarizing and analyzing programmatic goals, outcomes and achievements
- Utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to conduct program evaluations and assisting with the development of data collection instruments
- Producing quarterly performance reports for program departments
- Supporting program staff in interpreting and using analysis for program improvement
- Data System Management
- Administer client databases including generating and analyzing reports, user management, and adherence to Homeless Management Information Systems policies and procedures
- Maintain and monitor client database systems
- In collaboration with the program leadership, document data management policies and procedures
- Documentation Management and Administrative Program Support
- Managing the collection, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures for programs
- Providing support to program managers when drafting program manuals and clinical guidelines
- Providing training on universal program policies or procedures, including clinical documentation
WHAT YOU BRING
We're looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems, perform needs assessments, and adapt broad guidelines to achieve desired results
- Effectively exercise independent judgement within accepted practices and make appropriate recommendations
- Are technology savvy including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, and database systems including an HMIS
- Develop effective internal and external business relationships and broker buy-in from all stakeholders
- Have project management experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
An excellent candidate for this role will:
- Hold a Master's Degree in a related field
- Have experience reviewing and monitoring homeless service contracts and programs
- Have experience providing clinical review and monitoring of behavioral health or mental health programs
To be considered for this position, we require all candidates:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in quality assurance, compliance and program development in social services
- Have experience reviewing and monitoring local, state and federally funded contracts and grants
- Be proficient with computers and technologies used for work outputs including:
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Database systems including HMIS
For this role the Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Driving is an essential function of this position. To meet the employment requirements for this role, all candidates must:
- Have reliable transportation
- A valid driver's license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH's insurance coverage
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
PATH is a California employer. Therefore, all regular and customary work must be performed within the state. Approval for work outside of the office, does not establish approval for work to be conducted outside of California.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this position sounds like a fit, please submit your application today. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PATH will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PATH is dedicated to racial and social justice by centering equity in our service delivery and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for the communities we serve. We seek awareness and insight from witnessing the stories of our clients and learning from the experiences of our staff to ensure impactful systems change. If people are empowered, they can bring their authentic, whole selves to work and when people feel like they belong, they can become part of a unified effort of ending homelessness for all.