Job descriptionJob Summary
Provide services and support to Financial Operations departments including project management, change management, workflow analysis and modeling of key business factors which impact the productivity of the various Financial Operations departments. Successfully plans and controls projects utilizing numerous techniques to strategically direct, question and analyze the total project. Accountable for the coordination and communication required to bring the project in on time and within the established budget. Directs project resources and efforts, participates in the decision making process with all levels of staff and management and makes recommendations to effect positive change.
Work closely with IT and business sponsors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of system and application enhancements. Participate in the decision making process with business sponsors and management regarding system and application enhancements and make recommendations to effect positive change.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some specific college degree programs or additional course works which are required include Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Professional designations in insurance including INS, CPCU, AIC are a plus.
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of the duties and responsibilities of the Project or IT Business Analyst position required
- Previous project and change management experience is preferred
- Previous experience in varied departments, including IT and Finance, is a plus
- Working knowledge of various systems and platforms (V12, TronWeb, AS400) required
- Good understanding of technology with the ability to work in a team environment involving Financial Operations and IT staff to seek out the best, cost effective solutions
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
- “Big picture view” and strategic approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand legal and regulatory requirements and business drivers and priorities, and integrate these requirements into overall security design
- Ability to manage and prioritize changing workloads in a challenging environment
- Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans. Demonstrated flexibility and capacity for creative thinking
If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact the MAPFRE Insurance Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.