Job descriptionCTI has been a leading AV provider for over 30 years. Since we began in 1988, our mission has been simple: to provide a fantastic customer experience.
At Conference Technologies, Inc., our biggest asset is our people, and we know that sometimes the most awesome employees don’t fit the typical mold. If you are hardworking, friendly, and know the importance of fantastic customer service, you could be a good fit at CTI. We have developed a collaborative and lively working environment, where the best and the brightest show up to work each day ready to have fun, and employ their passion for and knowledge of technology into everything they do. This creative atmosphere helps us apply and share our skills with our clients, who seek quality, high-end AV and Conference Solutions.
So, what are we looking for?
We are looking for a Purchasing Associate for our corporate branch in Overland Park whose attitude, skills, and work ethic will embody our mission “to provide a fantastic customer experience.” Our accounting department employees are organized and dependable team players who are willing to take on different responsibilities as needed. We provide CTI specific training, and help our employees build their career while maintaining healthy work-life balance. If this sounds like you, we will provide the necessary training, support, and work environment to help you succeed. We take pride in employees, who are known in the industry as customer focused problem-solvers who can get the job done.
What are your responsibilities?
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to a master list; clarifying unclear items and recommending alternatives.
- Forward available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items and obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Resolve shipments in error with suppliers.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Negotiate purchase prices
Will you fit in?
- Our employees fearlessly embrace the company culture and applicants who merely want to punch in their timecards everyday are not what we are looking for.
- You can work independently with minimal guidance, but aren’t afraid to ask the right questions when you need help.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and can be the face of our company to our clients.
Does experience count?
- Accounting Experience: Supply Management, Vendor Relationships, Organization.
- Customer Service: we treat our vendors and customers with the utmost respect
- Ability to Work Both Independently and in a Team
- Time Management and Multitasking experience are a must.
- Attitude and Aptitude: Are key! We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Planes and Certify Expense Management would be beneficial.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree with an emphasis in business, accounting, finance, operations, or equivalent experience is preferred.
What’s in it for you?
At CTI, we know our company’s success is directly correlated to the success of our employees. So it’s fitting that we thrive on and encourage employee growth, both professionally and personally.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A competitive base commission (DOE)
- Employer matched medical and dental insurance (available after 60 days of employment)
- Employer matched 401K up to 3% (after 6 months of employment)
- Bonus eligibility that is based off a results oriented incentive plan (after 6 months of employment)
- A graduated PTO program, all major holidays off, as well as three “floating” holidays, available upon first day of employment
- Special gifts for significant life events, such as marriage, the birth of a child, and buying a house.
- Cell phone reimbursement plan.
- Long and Short Term Disability 100% paid by CTI.
Conference Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire