We are currently sourcing for a position with our client and would like to discuss this opportunity with you.
Rangam Consultants is an award winning company for Staffing solutions and services. We are a multiple service provider in the Information Technology, Scientific, Engineering and administrative fields. We have a proven track record for successfully delivering mission critical consulting, support and recruiting services to various government and Fortune 500 clients.
The details for this position are as follows:
Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA 92612
Duration: 6 Months
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
- Contract Review/Procurement experience
- Customer Service experience
- Quick Learner, Pharma exp
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
- The Senior Purchasing Specialist works within the Purchasing & Supplier Management (PSM), which provides sourcing direction to multiple functional areas within the company.
- The role supports the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for developing, optimizing and ensuring the delivery of approved category strategies at the site in concert with the Corporation’s overall strategies.
- The position’s objective is to lead the co-ordination of Client’s site spends and local suppliers to obtain the maximum value for the money spent measured through the delivery of cost savings.
- List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and cope.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager in Client to optimize related areas of spend for procurement activities
- Develop and implement short term and long term cost reduction strategies established by management
- Lead role in developing supplier base to expand business, improve financials, reduce in-house / total costs, improve quality (customer satisfaction), customer relations, and on-time deliveries. Identify potential vendors in alignment with respective Category Manager and preferred supplier network (PSN)
- Full responsibilities for developing strategy: RFP / RFI / RFQ / Pricing Auction.
- Responsible for running local tenders, aligned with direction from Purchasing Manager and respective Category Manager
- Identify areas to improve supplier service levels by integrating agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Review with business stakeholders and drive improvements forward
- Perform and collect due diligence information required for evaluating and approving new suppliers, in line with the Preferred Supplier Networks.
- Making recommendations to improve / enhance PSN
- Data analysis for purchasing projects and supplier management (supplier metrics and research, master data, market basket analysis, pricing analysis, monthly/quarterly reporting of KPI’s, savings reporting)
- Develop and write all sourcing event documents.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations
- Works with high ethical standard, in compliance with the law and the Client policies and procedures
- List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10).
- Include education, skills and experience.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of procurement/negotiations experience in purchasing preferably but not limited to Pharmaceutical.
- Experience in purchasing preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong experience with writing request for proposal/information (RFP/RFI)’s.
- Solid experience conducting vendor negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
Preferred qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate to all team members, stakeholders, management, and suppliers
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple projects
- Ability to develop and grow relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend procurement processes as well as basic knowledge of indirect products and services used globally
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Contract negotiation: 5 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required)
- Procurement: 5 years (Required)
- proposal/information (RFP/RFI)’s: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote