At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Description of Job:The Partnership for People with Disabilities at Virginia Commonwealth University celebrates over 30 years as Virginia’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Research, Training and Dissemination (www.vcu.edu/partnership).
The Partnership is seeking a dynamic person to serve as the Quality Assurance Interviewer position, which is a part time position for up to 29 hours/week. The interviewer will be supervised by the Program Specialist-Community Living.
The Quality Assurance Interviewer is required to attend online and in-person interviewer trainings and schedule interviews required for quality assurance. Interviewers are expected to:
- Utilize their personal phone and internet service for all communications related to this job including sharing a contact number with participants and other VCU staff members.
- Communicate with legal guardians (if necessary) to obtain consent to participate in the survey
- Conduct interviews via videoconferencing with people with disabilities who use Medicaid HCBS supports and services in Virginia
- Document all activities and survey results in online databases
- Mail completed documents to the project staff promptly
- Use an online timekeeping system consistently and accurately
- Respond to communications with project staff in a timely manner
- Communicate issues with project staff immediately
- Potentially include some in-person interviewing and travel using personal transportation
- Conduct similar job responsibilities on other project as assigned which may require additional work hours that cannot exceed an average of 29 hours per week
- Other duties as assigned including participating in grant writing activities
Consistent and reliable access to a phone and internet service and a VCU issued computer
- Provide a phone number that can be shared with the public and other VCU staff members
- Knowledge and experience with people with developmental disabilities and VA’s developmental disabilities services system
- Effective communication skills that involve describing and promoting quality initiatives in the state which at times may feel as if you are conducting a ‘cold call’
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-initiation with the ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities to meet deadlines and goals
- Proficiency using Email, Microsoft Word and a computer; general knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
- Provide reliable transportation to conduct in-person interviews or attend meetings as needed
- Must be able to work 8am – 5pm M-F; with some nights and weekends up to 29 hours per week.
Experience administering the National Core Indicators In-Person survey
- Working knowledge of how to schedule and administer Zoom meetings
- Proficiency with Google Suite products (i.e. Gmail, google docs etc.)
- Four-year college degree or five years of experience working in the disability field
- Experience with interviewing and data entry
Salary Range: Up to $25 per hour
Department: Partnership for People with Disabilities
Employment Type: UP - University Employee PT
Restricted Status: Yes
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Dawn Machonis
Contact Email: [email protected]