75K to 84K
Leading Flavor & Fragrance company has an immediate need for a Quality Control Chemist in their flavors division.
The Quality Control Chemist performs qualitative and quantitative testing of raw materials, intermediates, finished products, and other samples for the purposes of quality control, product development and regulatory conformance.
The position may cross train to support QC Sensory and Quality Systems data administration. Cross training and support responsibilities are coordinated by the Supervisor based on departmental priorities.
· Analyze raw materials, intermediates, and finished products according to Symrise, FCC, USP, ISO or AOAC testing methods. Enter all relative data into SAP or other quality databases. Support QC Sensory and QC Systems data administration as needed.
· Assist other departments and members of the lab in their requests for analytical testing and results.
· Perform project analysis in support of QC, QA, Divisional and Regulatory requirements.
· Provide first line operation and day-to-day instrument and data system maintenance and calibration.
· Conform to documented Roles and Responsibilities for this position
· Maintain timely and complete conformance to established test method certification for this position
BS or BA in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology or a related field
Knowledge and functional understanding of Quality Systems: GLP, SQF, ISO-9001, HACCP
· Expertise in performing accurate, consistent and timely testing according to established methods
· Able to work under pressure, determine priorities, organize resources and meet QC timelines
· Strong organizational ability with great attention to detail
· Professional, clear, concise and effective communication in verbal and written format.
· Proficient skills with Microsoft office, SAP and collateral QC computer systems
· Based on subjective and objective results, able to recognize trends that may impact product quality or operational performance.
· No dietary restrictions that would prohibit tasting of savory, sweet, and other natural and artificial flavor chemicals
Qualified Candidates please email resume
Full Benefits/Medical/Dental/Vision/401K – Vacation/Holiday Pay +
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $84,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Teterboro, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CGMP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location