- High School or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience in an IT role or relevant experience
Amazon Web Services looking for a Rack Decommissioning Data Center Technician to join our growing team. By applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to: VA (Manassas, Herndon, Chantilly, Auburn), OR (Boardman, Umatilla, Hermiston), OH (Columbus), CA (Santa Clara), given availability. This position requires the successful candidate report to a site location.
The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed off premises. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.
You will work in a team environment and collaborate with other teams, which requires strong communication skills. Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
Key job responsibilities
- Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Hard drive installation, removal and destruction
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations
- Physical layer and Application layer
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Documenting procedures
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Work with basic PC components/hardware: HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media, USB/FireWire/Esata, Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
NOTE: Lump sum stipend will be provided to eligible candidates who relocate for this position.
NOTE: If applying for positions in Oregon (OR) and Ohio (OH), these sites are within AWS GovCloud region. Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States).
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
- 2+ years data center experience
- 2+ years experience with Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes, and bios configurations
- 2+ years experience with a ticketing system
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Richmond Window Corporation (Richmond Window Corporation) Richmond, VA 23233 $15 an hour 12 days ago