Job descriptionRole Summary :
Join our team as a Restaurant Supervisor: and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for supporting the Wildflower Farms culinary team, supervising the restaurant operation and acting as a partner to the Senior Restaurant Manager and Manager of F&B.
Core Responsibilities :
- Communicate with guests and team members using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Assist the Senior Restaurant Manager in interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and mentoring restaurant team members.
- Supervise the restaurants during dining periods to ensure that all Auberge standards and steps of service are met through all guest interactions.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
- Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions and proper opening, closing and hand-off functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members.
- Observe performance, mentor and train, and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Ensure staffing levels for the restaurants are accurate based business needs. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental Rallies communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food & beverage offerings in all outlets.
- Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are in place and are in compliance with Federal, state, local and Auberge’s own best practices. (e.g., ServSafe, Responsible Vendor).
- Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the Food & Beverage Director, Senior Restaurant Manager, and Finance team in monthly beverage inventory and quarterly China/glass/silver/linen inventory.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of two years’ restaurant management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine; fine dining operations experience desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible schedule.
- ServSafe Certification highly appreciated.
- Hospitality degree highly preferred.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work on a fast-paced team.
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse issues and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
Our Company & Property :
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 22 hotels and resorts and eight new hotels under development in the next 18 months, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, and social @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Blanketed with meadows of native flowers and wild woodlands, Wildflower Farms :sways in rhythm with the seasons and the simple pleasures of life lived Upstate. Ensconced by fragrant fields of wild bergamot and mountain mint, the property’s 140 arcadian acres embody Hudson Valley ease. A slow-rippling river gently embraces free-standing cabins framing clear views of the mighty Shawangunk Ridge. Crisp air, bright skies and the melodies of Mother Nature beckon stillness and contemplation, while forested footpaths and towering cliffs call to an adventurers’ spirit. Reconnect with yourself and nature at Wildflower Farms.
What Else? :
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Wildflower Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Wildflower Farms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Wildflower Farms complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.