Job descriptionPlease review the details for the position before applying for the opening. If you are an internal employee, please apply through the internal portal on Workday. You should have your completed resume/cv and cover letter ready to upload. You should upload both documents on the third page (the required section is named resume/cv – this is also where you should upload your cover letter). These documents should either be in a PDF format (.pdf) or a Word document (.doc) format. Job Posting Title Senior Associate Director, The Wellesley Fund Job Description Summary Admin Exempt Job Description The Senior Associate Director is a member of the team responsible for reaching The Wellesley Fund annual revenue goals. The Wellesley Fund provides immediate impact, current use funds which are a critical component of the College’s economic model. The Senior Associate Director cultivates, stewards, and solicits a alumnae for gifts to The Wellesley Fund. S/he participates in the development and implementation of immediate impact giving acquisition, retention and renewal strategies. The Senior Associate Director manages a portfolio of prospects and works closely with key Wellesley Fund volunteers. The Senior Associate Director, in conjunction with the Senior Director of Annual Giving Programs, is responsible for developing the creative briefs and writing the solicitation content for all Wellesley Fund appeals. S/he assists in the development and implementation of immediate impact giving acquisition, retention and renewal strategies with a dual goal of increasing the number of donors and dollars raised. S/he plans, implements, and manages the fundraising efforts for assigned classes. Primary Position Responsibilities
- Recruits, trains and collaborates with Wellesley Fund class volunteers, including class leadership and committee members, to be successful in their efforts on behalf of the College.
- Acts as a liaison between The Wellesley Fund and other staff, faculty, and students throughout campus to interview and collect information necessary for Wellesley Fund appeals.
- Develops content and messaging for The Wellesley Fund print appeals and giving campaigns.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and prospective donors.
- Cultivates, stewards and solicits alumnae via phone and in person.
- Presents the College’s financial needs and fundraising goals articulately, persuasively, and with confidence.
- Supervises an Assistant Director of The Wellesley Fund.
- Participates in key events at which alumnae are present such as Durant Society events, volunteer orientation workshops, commencement, and reunion weekend.
- Conducts successful solicitations of alumnae in a thoughtful and purposeful manner that resonates for the donor and benefits the College in the short-term as well as over the long-term.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Annual Giving programs to create successful fundraising appeals, achieving revenue and number of donor goals within an established budget and timeframe.
- Will achieve 50 visits (in-person/remote) of known prospects, with additional 25 discovery visits.
- Productive and collegial collaboration with colleagues across the Development Office and campus departments.
- Achieves dollar and participation goals for assigned classes within an established budget and timeline.
- An Assistant Director of The Wellesley Fund
- B.A. /B.S. degree, valid driver’s license and required vaccinations
- 5-7 years of fundraising experience including crafting successful annual giving solicitations, ideally within an academic setting.
- 3-5 years of volunteer recruitment, training and management.
- 2-3 years of managerial experience.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work competently and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
- Proved track record of success as a fundraiser. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze annual giving data to inform strategy.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Wellesley College.
- An ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Familiarity with standard fundraising technology, and a high comfort level using technology to communicate and share information.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Wellesley College is currently piloting a flexwork plan for administrative staff that incorporates both flexible hours and hybrid teleworking components, though all employees must live in New England.
- All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities Manhattan, NY 30+ days ago