Job descriptionAbout MadHive: MadHive is an end-to-end advertising solution that leverages cryptography and machine learning to power modern media. MadHive's advertising suite provides tools for audience forecasting, precision targeting and activation, and cross-screen attribution against its proprietary OTT-first device graph. Customers include advertisers that leverage MadHive's next-generation cryptography to prevent fraud and increase margins, and broadcast giants that leverage the platform to power their digital TV offerings.
MadHive is looking for a digital or media attorney to support our highly motivated and collaborative sales, partnerships, and product teams in the US. We are looking for someone who loves to analyze complex legal issues, find creative solutions, and effectively negotiate deals. We seek candidates who are highly resourceful, have exceptional communications skills, and are able to balance competing demands in a client-friendly manner.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare, draft, review and negotiate customer, partner, and vendor contracts and other legal documents.
- Partner with commercial business and product teams across all parts of MadHive's business, including negotiating transactions with station groups, agencies, advertisers, brands, publishers, and technology partners.
- Provide advice on advertising and privacy matters.
- Provide high-value, business-focused legal advice in support of any other matters that come our way.
Who You Are:
A problem solver, with a pragmatic, commercial-focused approach, who can work independently, but can also collaborate in a collegial environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial/tech law experience with a top-tier law firm or in-house tech industry experience (ad tech or advertising/marketing law experience is a plus).
- Experience drafting/negotiating commercial and technology transactions including SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, data licensing, strategic partnerships, and vendor contracts.
- Familiarity with and interest in data privacy rules and regulations within the United States, including CCPA and ad-tech self-regulatory guidelines.
- Desire to learn and understand complex technologies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with different departments, and provide reasoned legal advice in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt quickly to changing business needs and/or priorities.
- Licensed attorney. Active status in a U.S. state bar.
MadHive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that's important. But whether it's taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact. The Perks! Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a MadHive employee: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents. 401(K) Matching: MadHive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period and all full time employees can participate immediately upon their date of hire. Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO, plus additional paid company holidays. Commuter Benefits: MadHive offers WageWorks commuter benefits. Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents. Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator, and lunch provided every day that you're in the office!