Sr. Data Analyst (100% REMOTE)
Position Type: Contract to Hire (12 month contract period)
Salary/Pay: $42.00 - $45.00 per hour
Working for First American Financial Corporation!
- *** MULTIPLE OPENINGS AND FAST HIRING!!! ***
- Work 100% remotely on qualifying roles!
- Well established company founded in 1889!
- Fortune 500 Company!
- Fortune 100 ‘Best Company to Work For’, for many years!
- Opportunities for contract to direct full-time hire!
- Awesome career advancement and training opportunities!
- Be recognized for your hard work and contributions!
- Award winning work culture!
- Excellent work / life balance!
- Exceptional comprehensive benefits for full time employees!
Curious??! Click apply, reply or call me at the number below!
The Senior Data Analyst will focus on gathering data requirements, maintaining healthy relationship with data owners and data stewards, and improving the availability and quality of data that is made available throughout the organization. In this role, you will expand your knowledge of the data assets available within the organization and act as the subject matter expert on the data and its utility for operational use. The primary responsibility will include making data knowledge available to others within First American and influencing data literacy within the organization. The individual will partner closely with, data owners, data stewards, business stakeholders, and engineers in managing data lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with the ability to process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions. The Senior Data Analyst will have excellent communication and presentation skills and is detail-oriented.
What you will be doing:
- Acquire intimate knowledge of the data and business processes that creates and consumes the data by working closely with the Data Owners, Data Stewards, and business process owners.
- Acquire and master information available in various systems and enterprise data platform within the organization
- Work with Data Owners to identify, analyze and create ingestion requirements for data assets from various internal and external sources.
- Contribute to the design of logical data models using business process knowledge and end user needs.
- Understand and document important contextual data about data assets stored and maintained within our analytical solutions (metadata, business context, quality)
- Assess business requirements and provide appropriate recommendations and justifications related to data and existing analytical solutions
- Support ad-hoc requests related to data assets
- Develop, document, and communicate data requirements, data standards, and data quality rules
- Assure our data assets are secure and adhere to the policy
- Partner with data stewards and data owners in developing data standards for critical data elements
- Define relevant requirements for data quality management throughout data life cycle
- Perform data analysis of identified data issues and recommend strategic and tactic remediations
- Understand algorithms of moderate to high complexity
- Can obtain a clear understanding of advanced analytical models
- Ability to gather and analyze information to make decisions about our data assets and its quality or use
- Lead problem solving process for data quality issue management
Experience you will need:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or related work experience
- 8+ years of business intelligence or data analysis experience
- Extensive experience performing data quality reviews, analysis, and remediation
- Expert knowledge in SQL with the ability to write complex queries
- Must be intellectually curious and motivated to learn continually
- Expertise in data modeling and data visualization tools
- Knowledge and experience working with statistical models a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong project planning and task management skills
- Experience working with Python, R or Java code a plus