Position: Senior Director, Product Engineer - Cybersecurity, EUDS
Reports to: Vice President, Quality and Product Engineering
The Senior Director, Product Engineer - Cyber Security, EUDS is a new position at Per Scholas focused on the ongoing innovation, design, and creation of our Cyber, IT Support, and EUDS curriculum to ensure a learner-centric experience to teach the most in-demand skills in entry and mid-level roles. This role is uniquely responsible for the ongoing effectiveness, quality, and innovation of our Cyber, IT Support, and EUDS Curriculum based on the needs of employers, market trends, and partner feedback across all the modalities that we deliver these subjects including in-person and remote training.
The Senior Director, Product Engineering will work collaboratively with our curriculum design and development teams, our learning management systems implementers, and our adult learning subject matter experts. Additionally, this role will regularly support, train, and provide professional development for both our Cyber, and EUDS instructors as well as other instructors who wish to upskill.
The Senior Director, Product Engineer will report to the Vice-President, Quality and Product Engineering. KEY
Cyber, IT Support, and EUDS Product Design and Innovation
- Develop ideas for enhancing our current Cyber, and EUDS curriculum based on Learner Experience Design principles based on both employer demand and the needs of our learners
- Identify changing employer needs in entry to mid-level Cyber, and EUDS roles and develop a 1-2 year roadmap for our curriculum
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our Cyber, and EUDS learners and the instructors and use this to inform the ongoing development of the Curriculum
- Perform constant market analysis of competing products, changing hiring trends, and employer needs to identify gaps and propose solutions in our existing Cyber, and EUDS curriculum
- Develop prototypes for Cyber, and EUDS curriculum to test before implementing at large
scale across the organization, incorporating best practices from adult learning pedagogy from our internal subject matter experts * Creating prototypes across all modalities that Cyber, and EUDS is provided in, including in-person and remote leveraging our remote learning subject matter experts
- Analyze feasibility, cost, and effectiveness of prototypes
- Coordinate with Curriculum Design and Development team to enhance the Cyber, and EUDS curriculum with successful prototypes
- Document changes made to the Cyber, and EUDS curriculum
- Assists in designing a complete project, system, component, or process.Instructor Development
- Creates learning paths and upskilling opportunities for instructors and instructional staff both currently teaching Cyber, and EUDS courses or others that would like to upskill in an area.
- Ensures curriculum is “instructor-ready” and works with the curriculum design/development team to create the necessary resources.
- Responsible for onboarding new instructors ensuring a level of knowledge, understanding, and consistency in the delivery of the Cyber, and EUDS curriculum.
- Conducts periodic classroom observations to ensure quality and consistency, providing feedback and connecting instructors to upskilling.
- Participates in the hiring process to ensure instructional staff can maintain quality instruction for their center of excellence.
- Employer/Funder-facing for their areas of expertise.
- 5+ years working in Cyber, IT SUPPORT, or EUDS roles
- 5+ years working in Product Management, Curriculum Design, and Development, or Product Design roles
- Experience in Project Management is highly preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning pedagogy a plus
- Demonstrable experience working in inclusive, collaborative ways to develop solutions
- A data-driven approach to making decisions and evaluating performance
- Knowledge and experience with Canvas and Salesforce a plus
For this role specifically, we are targeting a salary of $90,000/year, with a range between $85,00,000/year and $94,500/year, where the difference in salary is typically determined by several factors, including geography in which the selected candidate resides, and alignment with qualifications and experience.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
Per Scholas strives to deliver an equitable compensation and benefits package to support the financial, mental and physical wellness of our staff. We offer 37 paid days off during your first year of employment, Summer Fridays (early close each Friday of the Summer), medical benefits with premiums starting below $20 per paycheck, $1 for $1 matching on 401k contributions up to 6% of pay.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for more than 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities at businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 16,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology. To learn more, visit PerScholas.org and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $94,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Cyber, IT Support, or EUDS: 5 years (Required)
- Product management or product design: 5 years (Required)
- instructional design and adult learning pedagogy: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote