Job descriptionCompany Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Cybersource Production Support is responsible for supporting the CyberSource applications for enterprise-level. This team responds to all reports of application problems in production and staging environments, and works as quickly as possible to mitigate impacts, provide RCAs and recommendations, and to generate reports and analytics on issue impacts.
We are looking for someone with significant analytical capabilities as we need the person in this position to be comfortable in troubleshooting production issues. This role require significant on-call 24x7 support and responsibilities.
In addition, the Senior Software Engineer will build and enhance key applications that form the core of CyberSource transaction platform. This highly visible and mission critical position will require in-depth knowledge of how the various applications that constitute the platform function, leveraging Java and open source technologies and include server-side and UI-based applications. The responsibilities include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the company with the objective of constantly improving CyberSource suite of applications. As a key member of the engineering team, you will need to communicate technical ideas clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences. This position also requires strong analytical skills.
- Gather and analyze requirements from Product Managers/Owners
- Acquire deep knowledge on multiple applications in order to independently support them.
- Work closely with Operations & Infrastructure groups to understand challenges in production environments.
- Build tools to improve application reliability and quality, and programmer productivity
- Partner with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- Design and enhance highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems to meet increasing levels of reliability, availability,scalability
- Provide architectural recommendations in the area of application serviceability to allow elimination or early detection of potential issues
- Lead in issue postmortems and provide quality metrics that set direction for quality initiatives by identifying chronic problem areas
- Understand and adhere to SOA and messaging principles
- Author technical specifications and design documents
- Be willing to work on both server-side and UI-side modules
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 2+ years of Software Development Experience.You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Deep analytical skills and ability to think on the feet and work under pressure
- Deep understanding of XML parsing and XML schema design
- Good understanding of SOA principles and Web Services and messaging technologies
- Experience building zero fault-tolerant, scalable and high-volume systems applications
- Experience with IBM Websphere or Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Experience with performance tuning of applications and use of load testing tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Production Support Experience
- Payment Gateway Experience preferred
- Experience in relational database design, and optimization with commercial grade databases such as Oracle, or MySql
- Knowledge of Credit Card and/or Electronic Check processing
- Experience analyzing Java thread/heap dumps
- A good team player, flexible, share knowledge and help others.
- Work experience in Visa will be preferred.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 88,000 to 112,200 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.