Job descriptionPosition Information: Location: Courtyard by Marriott Buffalo-Airport 4243 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225 • (716) 633-2700
Provides friendly, efficient service of food and beverage products desired by guests and collects payments for such items. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to an atmosphere of welcome and warmth generated by a sincere concern for each guests satisfaction.
- Welcome guests, take their orders, ring orders into POS system, deliver prepared order to guest and receive payment for the order. Have a full knowledge of entire menu. Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all guests are served.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Team Work – Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Upholds organizational values. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner. Stocks glass, silverware, etc.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Completes opening and closing checklists according to standards. Maintains cleanliness standards, completes side work as assigned.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards and completes work within a timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses chemicals and equipment properly. Responsible for any assigned keys and for following key control policies. In accordance with liquor laws monitors guests for intoxication and reports such findings to management immediately.
- Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily. Asks for and offers help when needed. Clears and cleans tables, resets counters and tables.
- Compliance – Processes cash and credit card payments consistent with standard cash handling procedures. Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
What we Offer:
At Buffalo Lodging, we are committed to keeping our most important assets – our employees – healthy, happy and productive. To achieve this, we offer a variety of benefits including the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts – for You, Your Friends and Family
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Activities & Events
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program