Our Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Position Overview: The cook will be responsible for cooking and serving meals at the Santa Cruz Corps shelter.
- Maintain the kitchen and dining room areas of the Corps building or the meal location of the shelter.
- Menu plan, prepare, cook and serve nutritional meals for up to 100 + people as needed for the Shelter Program. (Meals to be served daily from 6:45pm – 7:20 pm)
- Clean and organize dining room, kitchen, refrigerator/freezer, kitchen utensils and appliances on the days you cook the meal and leave the area clean and ready for use on the next day.
- Take weekly inventory of supplies, creating a list of needs and submitting the list to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Be able to pick up, lift and maneuver 20 lbs. (Kitchen trays are known to weigh upwards of 25-50 lbs.)