Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers' compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. Although employers are required by law to provide Worker's Comp insurance, we believe our service is making a meaningful impact in worker's lives across Colorado in their moments of need.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We've been around for over 100 years, but don't let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative of ways! We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol's "culture of caring" to do what is right and not what is easy, we're currently having our team members work from home. During remote work, we're still making time for fun! We host virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you'll do:
As a Software Engineer, you'll be helping to blaze new trails for API development and best practices in our GCP environment. You'll work collaboratively on our API team and across the organization to develop and enhance Pinnacol's APIs. You may mentor junior level Software Engineers to elevate the performance of the team.
To be successful in this role, you'll need a strong understanding of Python, experience building APIs, knowledge and experience with Cloud Platforms, databases and SQL.
What you can expect:
- Write software that satisfies business requirements and follows applicable coding standards
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specification, standards and programming
- Be able to individually contribute to a team with a focus on learning the processes, patterns, and standards in place
- Maintain code to enhance functionality, improve efficiency and replace malfunctioning or obsolete code, following team standards, defined patterns and industry standards
- Identify system or program problems efficiently and effectively and propose pragmatic solutions.
- Test programs to ensure they meet business requirements and functionally work well, following testing standards
- Participate in deployment and configuration management processes as necessary
- Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, follow adopted methodologies and lead to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Leverage internal and external resources for learning and focus on what is pertinent to organization's needs
- Remain current on knowledge and skills necessary for software development, including programming tools, development techniques and related technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of software development cycle; meaning having the knowledge and ability to design, develop and implement the standards and best practices for software development
- Must have proven data analysis, debugging, testing and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be proficient in team specific technologies, ranging from PL/SQL, Python, or other technologies dependent on team and business needs
- Adaptation: Ability to adjust to changes in the workplace
- Communication: Ability to listen to others and convey ideas effectively and foster open communication.
- Innovation: Ability to generate novel solutions and creative ideas in order to identify system or program problems, and propose pragmatic solutions
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with people and cooperate with others
We can't do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here's some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You'll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You'll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you'd like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there's equal pay for equal work among those you'll be working with. The compensation amount for this role is targeted at $105,000.00 - $ 123,000.00. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Want to love your work? Apply today!