Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As part of the Ecosystem Platform team, you will be working with various internal and external customers, projects, and protocols to foster a thriving developer ecosystem. You will architect and build industry-leading systems and tools for products and applications used by millions of people globally.
The scope is open-ended, but projects will be in the following areas: SDKs, developer tooling, data platform, and blockchain APIs.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing backend application development with a focus on performance
- Improving the developer experience through tooling and SDKs
- Building robust data infrastructure that handles high throughput and low latency
- Developing and maintaining high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we're looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Familiarity with backend systems and scaling high throughput applications
- Interest or familiarity with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
- Interest in "smart contract" languages such as Move and Solidity
- Comfortable working directly with product teams
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.