SPECIALIST, FOUNDATION SERVICES
TITLE Specialist, Foundation Services
FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt
PAY CLASS Full-Time
REPORTS TO Director of Strategic Initiatives
LOCATION Santa Ana, California (Hybrid Schedule- 2 days remote/3 days on-site)
Who is Charitable Ventures?
Charitable Ventures was created to make sure nonprofits are resilient, effective and empowered so they can serve their communities when they are needed most. Aiming to make our community more socially, racially and economically just, our employees guide and design strategies to effectively address those needs.
Do you have a passion for supporting nonprofit foundations with planning, logistics, operations and evaluation?
If so, your passions align with the Charitable Ventures mission!
What are we looking for in our next team member?
Answer the questions below to see if you may be our new team member!
Are you ready to:
· Provide support that will ensure that Charitable Ventures staff, Foundation staff and outside consultants have clear deliverables, deadlines and division of labor?
· Drive regular communication and stakeholder meetings with Charitable Ventures, Foundation staff and consultants?
· Provide services as needed in areas including evaluation, communication, planning, board development, assessment and event planning?
· Create, deliver products and services as well as facilitate and implement processes to support Charitable Ventures foundation client partners?
· Support the critical work of the social sector?
· Work with like-minded people?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, your next career may be waiting for you at Charitable Ventures! And we would love to explore it with you.
The Specialist, Foundation Services is an exciting opportunity to support a major equity and justice-focused national health foundation with operations support, ensuring that deadlines and deliverables are being met, scheduling, planning, and running meetings with internal and external partners to accomplish these deliverables, communicating frequently and regularly with the client and Charitable Ventures staff, and performing providing the client with direct consulting services in areas such as evaluation, planning, and communications.
In addition, the Specialist, Foundation Services provides expert services, including planning, logistics, operations, and evaluation, for other foundation partners within our Social Impact Consulting team. Working both collaboratively and independently under minimal supervision, the Specialist, Foundation Services may also delegate and assign work to coordinators or other staff members as appropriate.
What are the desired qualifications?
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
· Lived community experience with commitment to equity and justice required
· Five (5) years of experience in the nonprofit field required, with at least three (3) years of experience working for or with philanthropic foundations
· Demonstrable skills in project management required
· At least three (3) years of experience in at least one of the following areas in a nonprofit setting: marketing and communications, evaluation, strategic planning, event planning.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
Compensation Commensurate with experience, education, and market ($32.50 to $33.50 per hour)
· All employees: 401(k) voluntary employee contribution
· Full-time employees (30 or more hours per week): health insurance (medical, dental, vision); paid time off; company-wide holidays
· But the most rewarding benefit is your ability to contribute to building stronger communities!
Is this job not a right fit for you? Maybe it is for a colleague, friend, or neighbor. Please refer anyone that may be a good fit! And check back for other postings as you may become a team member through your unique skills and experiences!
Launched in 2007, Charitable Ventures is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating positive social impact through transformative ideas and investments. The agency provides incubation, sponsorship, and capacity building services such as planning, facilitation, and evaluation for funders, non-profit organizations, government, and community leaders throughout California.
Charitable Ventures maximizes the impact of emerging and established nonprofits, as well as donors and foundations with a passion for change – and is considered an essential part of the nonprofit sector infrastructure in Southern California. Since inception, it has fiscally sponsored more than 60 projects that address a wide array of social issues.
Charitable Ventures is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. In all that we do, Charitable Ventures supports it clients, projects, staff and partners through our commitment to equity, economic and social justice, diversity and inclusion, and in ways that uplift our communities’ assets and potential.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.50 - $33.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santa Ana, CA 92705: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Applicants must submit a cover letter in order to be considered.
- equity and social justice: 1 year (Required)
- nonprofit: 5 years (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- evaluation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Strategic planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Event planning: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Santa Ana, CA 92705