Job descriptionDescriptive Summary
The Bowen Group, a values-led, industry leader in strategic communications, telehealth, health communications, and wellness services and staffing is searching for a :writer/editor with a communications background. *This is a virtual full-time position in select states*.
Get ready to jump on board with the industry leader in the provision of wellness services to the military and veteran communities! The Bowen Group has an outstanding opportunity for a writer/editor to join our team supporting the Military Community and Family Policy contract. Level up in your career and support the military community at The Bowen Group.
- Create speeches for a variety of government officials for various events, using key messages and talking points from approved communication plans and campaigns or by following specific directions for ad hoc speech writing requests.
- Research information in support of speech development requirements and apply knowledge gained when writing.
- Edit and provide quality assurance on program and event content, consistent style, speaker preferences, and format across projects.
- Work closely with other team members to create the process for, and provide, speaker and media training to MC&FP staff and leadership.
- Support the development of an MC&FP Speaker’s Bureau by identifying government speakers/presenters, their skill sets and comfort levels, as well as their areas of expertise.
- Help identify community and public engagement opportunities and work closely with MC&FP to match potential MC&FP speakers to events and opportunities.
- Help maintain a directory of key government, nonprofit and program contacts for ongoing and future outreach.
- Communicate effectively in writing to meet the needs of the speaker and the audience.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Apply the rules of spelling, composition, and grammar to writing or editing tasks.
- Follow specific style guides while writing and editing content.
- Consider the relative level of effort and benefits of potential actions to recommend the most appropriate one to accomplish the project task.
- Incorporate feedback and apply it consistently across projects.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Identify inaccuracies or errors in various types of content.
- Write clearly and effectively for the defined speaker and target audience.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- - Plan, develop and conduct project tasks by leveraging subject matter expertise. Perform project tasks in accordance with best professional judgment, contract requirements, and established timelines - all with the expected level of quality.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, technical writing, or a related field
- Work Experience: Two to four years of experience in a communication-related field with at least a year of speech writing experience
- Structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Applicable style guides, such as the Associated Press Stylebook
- Principles and processes for providing internal customer services, including needs assessment, meeting quality assurance standards, and resolving internal and external customer requests
- Methods of tracking and maintaining version control
- Administrative and clerical procedures in accordance with the company’s best practices
- Microsoft Office familiarity
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a favorable background check
- Health, dental, vision
- Generous vacation and holiday leave
- Flexible Spending Account (medical and dependent)
- 401(k) Match
- Group Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Tuition assistance and/or professional development training
- This position is only open in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, MD, MI, MA, MN, NM, NC, ND, NY, PA, RI, TX, UT, VA, and WV.
The Bowen Group provides support to federal government clients. Some of these clients may require our employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
The Bowen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
The Bowen Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and require assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by contacting us at [email protected] :
Note: : This accessibility is intended for individuals requiring accommodations and should not be used to check on the status of your application. Inquiries not specific to requesting accommodation will be discarded.
The Bowen Group participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
General Motors Warren, MI $80,000 a year 15 days ago