Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there’s no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you’ll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
The Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer's business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting other project managers on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
What you'll do:
- Support the development of working relationship with plans and other key stakeholders.
- Deliver value to stakeholder through defining needs, providing internal and external customer service, and recommending solutions
- Analyze complex project (or Incidents) requests
- Interview subject matter experts internally or externally to build out and finalize business and functional requirements
- Interact positively and professionally with customers and staff of all levels to build strong relationships. Foster collaborative atmosphere (e.g. ask questions and encourage input from others)
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and take initiative to drive the creation of best practices and process improvements
- Oversee and enforce SDLC processes and recommend changes when necessary
- Proactively communicate and facilitate discussions with external and internal customers to define project solutions and resolve issues.
- Create and deliver proper SDLC artifacts and documentation as required
- Develop use cases, test scenarios, and business process models based on customer requirements
- Approachable and openly provides subject matter expertise and support both within and outside of your team.
- Knowledge and experience working in several domains and an understanding of how the domains interact.
- Takes initiative to mentor staff and assist them in solving problems
- Provide advice and direction to teams on project work
- Analyze and research potential solutions while seeking new efficiencies
- Understand other SDLC roles and provide support (e.g. Testing, Development, Project Management, etc.)
- Highly engaged in other SDLC reviews (e.g. design, test case planning, etc)
- Serve on internal non-functional committees as requested to promote CoreLink culture, values and behaviors
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Other duties as applicable
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ year of experience in a similar Business Analyst role. An understanding of how to perform requirements analysis according to several SDLC (software development life cycle) methodologies in a team environment. General knowledge of project management concepts.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices and the ability to apply the appropriate techniques for a given project and environment.
- Familiarity with requirement practices based on IIBA or PMI-BA guidelines.
- Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them. (preferred qualification)
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans